Tourniquet 1" x 18" Rolled Blue Latex-Free 100/Case
- Non-latex tourniquets
- Convenient dispenser box
- Individually rolled and banded
- Packaging designed for kit assembly
- Color: Blue (Special Order in Orange)
- Size: 1" x 18"
- Manufactured By: Medline Industries
- Compact box size fits easily on your phlebotomy tray
- Designed for kit assembly
If you are currently re-using tourniquets, you may want to reconsider...
Single-use disposable tourniquets help you avoid the risk of cross-contamination between patients. By adopting single-use Latex-Free Tourniquets, you will reduce the danger of cross-contamination between patients and safeguard both you and your patients from latex allergens.
Why is Single-Use Safer-Use?
- Tourniquets that are re-used are frequently contaminated with blood.
- It is impossible to disinfect reusable tourniquets.
How will adopting a Single-Use Policy help your facility?
- Reduce the spread of nosocomial infection by tourniquets.
- Reduce the risk of cross-contamination between patients and healthcare workers.
- Further your compliance with OSHA's "Bloodborne Pathogens Standard" 1910-1030(d)(1) "Universal precautions shall be observed to prevent contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials."
How will Latex-Free disposable Tourniquets safeguard both you and your patients?
- It will eliminate latex-related allergic reactions by preventing latex exposure.
- An estimated 17 million people in the U.S. (including up to 17% of healthcare workers) have a latex allergy.
- In the past ten years, the number of people who have requested a medical-alert emblem citing a latex allergy has increased dramatically.
- Estimates from up to 73% of children with spina bifida are allergic to latex.